Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Flashback Friday ~The Fair



Around this time of the year I start getting excited for the upcoming Western Washington Fair in Puyallup, WA. So how about a flashback to last year's fair.


Love to look at the animals, especially cows that stick out their tongue at me


The scones are a MUST have...warm and buttery and filled with raspberry jam MMMMMMMM.


I usually pass up the rides


And the games


And head straight for the Home Arts exhibits


And lets be honest...the food is a big draw


And this is one exhibit I always look forward to. The Farmer's Granges compete with these colorful displays featuring Washington produce


And my visit would not be complete with a tour of the floral exhibit


I always look forward to the display by a local, but nationally known dahlia dealer, Connells. The tuber business is now "retired" so I'm not so sure they will have a display this year. Keeping my fingers crossed though..they are still doing cut flowers so maybe!



So back to the present :-) Here are a couple of things blooming in my yard this week. Randy insisted on taking my pic in front of our monster lily to show how tall it is! Jack in the Bean Stalk high!


I'm so excited to show you my Blue Satin Rose of Sharon that's finally blooming. Its taken a couple of years for it to do anything. It REALLY is this color!


And finally....I don't often share crafts on my blog because, well, I am just not THAT crafty, but I did crochet a little baby sleeping bag/cocoon & hat with bear ears for a friend at work that's having a baby in a couple of weeks that I wanted to share. Jigs was none too amused! On a real baby the little bag can fit under his arms. Its a cute way to keep baby from kicking their blanky off!


Here's a close up of the hat.


If you have a flashback of any kind that you'd like to share please add your link below!



I'm joining in this week for Fertilizer Friday at Tootsie Time
Check it out HERE


And for my scone and corndog I'm joining Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Check it out HERE. She's got the sweetest picnic happening over there!

14 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

What in the world did you feed that lily. I've never seen anything like it! Amazing.

That photo you took of all the veggies is stunning. It would make a fabulous poster.

Happy FF.

:)
ButterYum

Renée said...

Thanks for sharing such fun at the fair! Love the yummy scones and all the flowers.

Kathleen said...

Love that vegetable display, and the scone looks amazing!
I have blue Rose of Sharon, but I don't know it is the pretty one you have!
Now is that doll for Jigs?

Carol said...

LOL, definitely Jack and the Beanstalk! Suzy and the Monster Lily!

The Fair looks fantastic, especially that scone! Even the cow is having a fun time!

Great flashback, Suzy, looking forward to hearing all about this years fair!

Katerina said...

I would love to be in that fair! Everything looks so colorful. Needeless to say another good word about your gorgeous garden!

Julie said...

What a fun post! Love times at the fair! Those scones look so delicious.

Unknown said...

I have been to the Puyallup Fair!! Many years ago my hubby's job had us in Snohomish WA (for about 3 years). We attended the fair the first year we lived there 1992. Small world!! Your flowers are gorgeous :)

Blessings!
Gail

shannon i olson said...

your Rose of Sharon is beautiful...what amazing produce at the fair! I am coming back to check out your link party. I am getting ready to start one on Sept 1st any advice?

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Oh my gosh, that is a huge lily! Evidently, it really likes it there ;) Unfortunately, the weather was so hot during our state fair I had no interest in going this year. I love that vegetable display!

deb said...

OMG! Monster Lily is right!! It's gorgeous, as is that Rose of Sharon!!

MMMM yummy fair food!! ;)
*hugs*deb

Self Sagacity said...

The photos spoke thousands of words, they are very expressive. I love the food photo too, they look so fresh and perfect.

Sue said...

Suzy,

OMG! your lilies are out of this world. If they come up missing look in my garden.

Sue

Tootsie said...

NOW THAT IS MY KIND OF LILY!!!! wooo hoo...you go girl!!! great post today...thanks for sharing!

Marsha said...

I always love when you show the fair photos. Are you going again this year?

That is one tall lily and the blue rose of sharon is gorgeous. You are a talented knitter, the baby hat is beautiful as is jiggs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin