Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Flashback Friday ~Tulips are on the way



I'm doing a quick flash back to this photo taken in 2008 of an area north of Seattle, Skagit County that grows a ton of bulbs. It a flower photographers dream :-)



The bigger daffodils are beginning to bloom in my yard now, so the tulips shouldn't be too far behind! I'm also showing a picture today from what I was going on in my kitchen in March of 2008. I was experimenting with these neat painted cookies. Its easy to do...just ice your favorite sturdy sugar cookie with an thin icing that dries hard then then paint directly on icing with food coloring - full strength or slightly diluted. Plus now they have those food color pens that work too!



If you have a flashback of any kind that you'd like to share please add your link below!


I'm joining in at Foodie Friday and Sweet Tooth Friday today! Check them out :-)

5 comments:

Foley said...

Would love to visit that area someday! Your cookies turned out great, need to try that!

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

Love all those tulips and daffs! They go on forever in that field!

The cookies look amazing!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I can't wait to see a flower, any flower in my garden! What a gorgeous sea of flowers.

Osterreich said...

It nice to see lots of flowers around the garden..This are all lovely.

Kathleen said...

I don't have any tulips as they get eaten, but always enjoy looking at them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin